Wednesday, May 11, 2011

That Time Again

Time to find that perfect gift for your child's teacher.  I found mine already, and am so happy with the product and service that I received, I have to share! 
~*~
Mary Burrows, the artist behind mbartstudios, is a class act.  The same day I placed my order, she contacted me for a detail that I had neglected to mention in my note to the seller at checkout.  She got to work on my order right away, and had it shipped out within a week. 
~*~
The clock above is from the same shop, but I went with the plaque that has the same quote by casals.  "The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn’t been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him".
~*~
My order was packed very well for shipping, and when I unwrapped it, I was blown away by the quality workmanship.  It is far more delicate- in a good way- than I imagined, which will make it easy to hang just about anywhere. 
~*~
I chose this quote because we are fortunate to have a teacher who naturally and truly enjoys and appreciates each child for their respective personalities and strengths.  She has made my Sophie feel happy, safe, loved, and special from day one.  Mary has many inspiring quotes and products to choose from, though- and if you have a special saying that you'd like, she'll even work with you to create a totally custom project. 
~*~
So, have you thought about your teacher gift for this year already?  If so, please share your idea here.  If not, you know one great place to go!

3 comments:

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

What a fantastic, caring present! I bet Sophie's teacher will love it, and the thought behind the giving :o)

Our end of term isn't until the end of July, but I too have already been thinking gifts ..especially for the teaching assistants who spend so much of their time helping Gemma. I'm not sure I could do their job! lol
xxOOxx

mb art studios...a creative space. said...

thanks for such a wonderful post, jennie! smiles, mb.

CelticKnot said...

What a lovely gift! As a future teacher, this is very sweet and touching to me.

I bought three amazing pillows from shopdirtsa.etsy.com:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/62553334/penmanship-pillows-create-your-own
One pillow for my cooperating teacher, one pillow for my program head/advisor/professor, and one pillow for my mentor/professor. The pillows have their name or family names on them, such as "The Smiths" or "Mrs. Smith," depending on the person. They LOVED them.

I desperately want to get a Scrabble tile pillow from the same shop. I love her creations.