Monday, July 18, 2011

Makeover Monday: 7/18

My cleaning out process has included going through every fabric I have accumulated over the last 4 years. 
I have had some pleasant surprises, and some *what was I thinking* moments as well.  This one stood out to me as a mix of camouflage and tie dye, and I decided it would be just right for a Monday makeover.
~*~
The light isn't ideal for photos this morning, but I hope you can see the flecks of green in there with the blue.  Definitely an oceany basket! 
~*~
Though I've not posted many larger bowls in sosorosey of late, that is going to change over the next few months.  I have decided to pull my inventory from The Muse, and anything that I pick up in August will find its way here.  I loved my relationship with that shop and I loved having my work on display in a place that I truly respect.  I've decided, however, that consignment is just not for me.  It's too important to me to have the ultimate control over how my items are displayed, and I dislike the pressure (from myself) of keeping the stock current and fresh in two places.
~*~
Here's hoping that you have a great week in store.  I will have some extra Jennie-time this week as Sophie is currently in cartoon and sugar bliss with my parents for a few days.  I'll be continuing my de-cluttering process, and posting lots of new goodies too!  What do you have on your agenda?

3 comments:

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

That's definately an ocean basket Jennie..see those flecks of white sea foam too? :o)

Well Sophies going to have a whale of a time:o) I can just picture it now...childhood memories with Grandparents being made -I always think that's what school holidays are for!
(Although I missed out on it, and so have my children :o( I'll make it up though with my grandchildren when I get some ;o) )

I'm having a last bout of major cleaning this week before the school holidays which begin on Friday. I have some writing to catch up on ;o). And I have a sundress to make by Thursday for my youngest daughter who apparently doesn't have ANY (lol) clothes to wear to the beach trip with the school! And guess what she wants me to make it with? A lovely vintage sheet I have! YAY!
I'll post it so you can see :o)

Enjoy your me-time Jennie, and have a great week my lovely friend.

Donna xxOOxx

CelticKnot said...

This is really beautiful, Jennie! I love the mix of colors. <3

I'm sorry to hear you won't be doing consignment anymore. I hope you're able to find something that gives you freedom and makes you happy.

Ribbons Undone said...

You're so lucky to have some free time to yourself this week. My husband will be returning from travel; I've been holding down the fort here! The kids are upstairs playing Playmobil all afternoon. Thank God they get along MOST of the time!

I'm finishing laundry and finishing some projects. Never enough time.