Monday, August 29, 2011

Makeover Monday: 8/29

For this week's project, I used some heavy duty natural jute twine.  500 feet of it to be precise!
~*~

Voila!  A tall clutter keeper, perfect for stowing kitchen utensils.  This was suggested by a customer, and I had my doubts about whether it would be stable with large items inside.  Turns out this baby is super steady- that's a full size set of salad servers and a heavy wooden rolling pin in there.  The keeper didn't even think about falling over with this load.  Jute is a miracle fiber!
~*~
We never lost power from Irene, and had only a few branches down in the yard.  Whew!  Hopefully this week will be free of natural (and unnatural) disasters around here.  It's the last week of summer vacation.  Mike starts a new job tomorrow, and Sophie and I get to go to her new school for an Open House on Friday.  We're all heading up to Gettysburg over Labor Day weekend for a last hurrah with my folks.   I'll pick up my remaining items from The Muse on the way, so be on the lookout for new goodies in sosorosey soon!  Hope your last week of summer is a great one!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Who know jute could be so beautiful!

Ribbons Undone said...

Only you could make jute sosocute! Like my rhyme?

Good bye, Irene!

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

So pleased Irene is gone, and all is well with you and yours :o)

Love your jute holder!
When I even use little amounts of jute to make coasters with, it makes my hands so sore!

You must have hands of steel to make this beauty Jennie ;o)

Have a great week Jennie, and I hope your husbands new job goes well too :o)

xxOOxx

Steph said...

You did well with that! I tried using heavy duty string before and my hands hurts so much I gave up! XD