Monday, August 8, 2011

Makeover Monday: 8/8

I've been entrusted with a super important job- turning these sentimental articles of clothing into a ruffled bowl for a very special person.  It's going to take some thought and time, as this is a fabric I have not worked with before... "parachute nylon". 
~*~

~*~
I've planned out the overall pattern, and begun the base.  As I suspected, this material scrunches down to almost nothing once crocheted.  What you see here is made from an entire pair of pants!!!  Hoping to have more to show by the end of the week.  Stay tuned!!

2 comments:

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

OOooo la la! I can't wait to see this ruffled bowl finished!

It's so nice seeing all the fabrics first that you turn into such treasures Jennie :o)

It's lovely to be back on here! What have I missed? LOL

I shall have a good nose tomorrow:o)

Take care my lovely friend.

Donna xxOOxx

CelticKnot said...

How cool! I can't wait to see more. :-)