Wednesday, August 31, 2011

School Clothes

 
I'm certainly no fashionista, but these boots are just about the cutest things I've ever seen!  The colors, the roses.... swoon!  We went school clothes shopping yesterday and had so much fun.  I'm sure it won't be like that every year, so I savored it and went a little spending crazy.
~*~
Due to her height, Sophie is currently wearing a child's 7.  I've discovered that some companies are making the trashiest looking clothing for kids!  It's ridiculous!  Why would I want my 5 year old to look like a tramp? 
~*~
My absolute favorite spot to shop this year has been H&M.  Their fall collection has such hip, adorable, and affordable things for Sophie's age/size.  Their things are the perfect match for her personality, too.  Bright, funky, comfortable.  Just like these boots.
~*~
So, where do you and your children like to do your back-to-school shopping?

3 comments:

Evelyn said...

love those boots! I'm so glad I don't have to worry about clothes shopping as the kids have their uniforms for school, I still have to buy them new ones as they've grown last years but it is so much easier!

Ribbons Undone said...

Oh, Jennie, we are SO cut from the same sheet! I'm going to H&M later just to blow through a five dollar card they gave me on my last trip there.

I couldn't agree with you more. I REFUSE to buy junk and any pants that are cut too low--especially for Catherine. And shorts or skirts that are cut too short. They're little kids, for goodness sakes, not streetwalkers!!! I like Lands End--clean, timeless, great quality and cut. Also, JCPenny's American Living brand--very similar to Lands End. H&M is hip, inexpensive and appealing to my daughter because it's a bit funky. Catherine is beginning to like Justice--ooh, I'm not fond of that brand at all. Their clothing looks no better than some rag found on the racks of Walmart.

Also, I do go to a local consignment shop, where I can scour the racks for the same brands I love. Fraction of the cost. Tell Sophie I LOVE her boots. Kindergarten is on its way!

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

I simply adore these boots Jennie :o)

They remind me of a pair of pink 'Kickers' that my youngest was glued to about 7 years ago when she was five...I only just threw them away last year, after hoarding them for her as she wouldn't let me throw them lol.

xxOOxx