Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Around the World and Back Again

It is always such a pleasant surprise when a customer leaves a photo with their feedback.  I was so happy to hear that these little leaf dishes made it to their new home in Hong Kong safely.  They have certainly been around the globe, since they originated in Japan decades ago! 
~*~
And speaking of international travels, has anyone else been experiencing slower than usual packages to Australia and the UK?  I'm wondering if it has to do with the flooding that happened around my area from Irene and Lee, since that's around the time the packages were mailed.  I know 4 weeks isn't *unheard of*, but it sure is nervewracking waiting for things to get where they need to be, isn't it? 

2 comments:

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

How lovely of your customer to leave a photo too :o)

If it's to the UK, it's probably OUR postal service. They are really, really slow. Not sure about Austalia though ..unless by association.. ;o)

Hope you're having a great day Jennie :o)

xxOOxx

Ribbons Undone said...

So cool. I often wonder about the travels of an item--where it came from, how many hands it has passed through, and where it finally ends up.

Recently I had a customer in Texas order a baby blanket. I think it took a few extra days to arrive to her. I think Irene and the fires in the Texas area may have had something to do with it.