Monday, September 5, 2011

Makeover Monday: 9/5

~*~
Happy Labor Day, Americans!  We are enjoying summer's last hurrah in Pennsylvania today, so I only have a makeover "teaser" to share.  This jade fabric is a type I have never crocheted before.  It is a thick, textured polyester and comes to me from a customer hoping to have a special clothing article made into a custom bowl.  I'm really looking forward to seeing how this works up.  I will have another peek later in the week!
~*~
Tomorrow is Sophie's first day of Kindergarten.  First time riding a school bus to school.  First time riding ANYWHERE with anyone who isn't a family member.  We had the opportunity, though, to ride a school bus together on Friday at her school orientation.  We sat in the seat behind the driver and went around the block.  It was cool.  Please send good thoughts her way (ok fine, OUR WAY) for a fantastic first day!!

3 comments:

CelticKnot said...

Aww! I'm so happy for you both! I think it's wonderful she got the experience of riding a school bus, and especially with you. I hope she loves school and the transition is very easy.

The color of that fabric is beautiful, and I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Unknown said...

My oldest got to ride the bus to kindergarten and he loved it, I am sure that she will be fine and will love it too!

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

Can't wait to see how this fabric comes up Jennie :o)

I shall most definately be thinking of you both tomorrow and sending happy, good day vibes across the pond :o)

She'll have a fab time, and you'll have more time ;o)

You all take care now :o)

Love n hugs,
Donna xxOOxx