Monday, October 10, 2011

Makeover Monday: 10/10

One of my good Etsy friends recently started her first year of teaching.  She asked if I could make something for her in her school colors, navy and gold.  I added the patterned blue fabric to provide more interest and texture.
~*~
And here is her big old blue and gold star!  This beauty measures 9.5" from point to point, and is sure to provide plenty of good vibes for a long and successful teaching career :)
~*~
Happy Monday!  I have a dental appointment this week (arghhhh!!), and my first PTA meeting as a parent instead of a teacher.  Friday is school Picture Day, too.  Other than those bits of have-to stuff, I will just be doing my usual mom, wife, and shopowner gigs this week.  How about you?  Anything fun on the agenda?  Wishing you a great week!

3 comments:

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

I love your star Jennie, and that gold really pops:o)
Good luck to your Etsy friend in their new career :o)

I hope your new jobs going well too :o)

I have not got one appointement this week!! Yay! Yay! A whole week to autumn clean sweep, send you a secret in the post (;o) ) and try and get some items listed!

Hope Sophies still getting on well at school.
Have a great week Jennie.
xxOOxx

CelticKnot said...

Awww, thank you so much, sweet Jennie! I am thrilled with my star, and can't wait to get my paws on it. I know it will brighten up my classroom. :-)

Good luck with your first PTA meeting!

HUGS
Kristine

P.S. Thank you so much, Donna! :-)

Minx's Den said...

cool star! love the color combinations! not much going on for me this week, the mister has 3 days off this week so we will be spending some much needed time together, he has been working many late nights lately, so this small break will be good! I will be spending most of my week making new yummies out of vintage fabrics (pillows, bags, ect)