Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Tonnage

Over there on the right are the fruits of our labor.
THIRTY SIX POUNDS of apples!!!!
~*~
And yes, it's the rare photo of me and Sophie... rarer still to have one I'm willing to share.  Perhaps it's the way I conveniently hid behind her, lol.
~*~
I like that when I crop it and turn it greyscale, it has a grainy old days quality to it.  Good old days, for sure :)
~*~
Now, for the yummy recipe.  I'm no chef, but I do have a love affair with my crock pot.  This recipe for slow cooked homemade applesauce was so easy that I had to try it.  I mean, I had everything I needed right in the house!  I used 9 medium sized apples and went with only half a cup of sugar.  I was liberal with the cinnamon.  Set it on high for 4 hours, and it was finished in about 3.  Best applesauce ever!!!  Do you have any sure-fire awesome apple recipes?  I could use them!!

3 comments:

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

My guess was nearest! LOL :o)

What a really lovely photo of you and Sophie Jennie :o)
Yes, I do like the cropped grey scale one best too. The difference in the two from modern to 'old days' is really cool.

MMmmmm.. I'm gonna write your recipe down and try it..all that yummy cinnamon.. Mmmm.

have a great day my lovely friend :o)

Love n hugs,
Donna xxOOxx

Ribbons Undone said...

Wow--what a beautiful young hot chippy you are!

Schar Freeman said...

You are such a beautiful wahine Jennie..and Sophie is a beauty too! This photo is precious and the memory to last lifetimes! (♥)