Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Coffee or Tea?

So, I recently spent some time trying to research this item.  It would have been a much smaller amount of time if I had called it a coffee pot instead of a tea pot!  This lovely Dresden Blue coffee pot is English Ironstone by J & G Meakin.  Replacements.com does not currently have one available, either.  More chances that someone may want to buy this from me.
~*~
I appreciated what THIS article explained about the difference between a tea pot and a coffee pot.  It gives a concise explanation for why the two have different shapes as well.  You learn something new every day!  What have you discovered lately in your vintage item research?

2 comments:

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

I've been looking into teapots a lot lately jennie (don't ask yet) and I'm pleased to say I would have said it was a coffee pot you've got there, but don't ask how I would have known, as I didn't read that interesting article you come up with! LOL.
I think I just would have said it on the shape, but not a reason, so that's well cool to now know!
Thanks for that my lovely :o)

Take care, hope you got your yarn & crochet done :o)

xxOOxx

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

P.s. Forgot to say..
What a lovely find and a gorgeous teapot jennie! :o) xx