Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thursday's Treasure

~*~
You know that saying, "Ask and ye shall receive"?  It came true for me this week!  As part of my "class basket coordinator" duties, I decided to visit a couple of local arts and crafts stores to see if they would like to donate to our cause.  This is definitely WAY OUT of my comfort zone. 
~*~
I made up a little half sheet flyer giving the details of our event.  The first store I approached (starts with an M and rhymes with Zichael's), gave me a very underwhelming response.  Granted, I was nervous and I think I talked too much.  The manager told me they are only allowed to support big name organizations like the Red Cross.  Huh. 
~*~
So, I honed my intro, and before I could lose my nerve, I zipped across the street to AC Moore.  Went in, asked for the manager.  Gave him a big smile as he approached, handed him my flyer, and delivered my short speech about our project.  After a few exchanges, he told me he'd, "Make something work" and would have something for me February 8th.  I kind of skipped out of there.
~*~
Yesterday, I called the store to touch base.  The manager I had spoken with had the day off!  But, he had come in on his own time to work with one of the employees to put something together for us.  I didn't know what to expect when I got there- all I had asked for was a gift certificate or space in one of their classes. 
~*~
What I received shocked, amazed, and humbled me.  When I arrived, they presented me with a very large wicker basket, FULL of art supplies, wrapped beautifully in cellophane and tied with a gigantic bow.  I tried to snap a photo for you, but I couldn't get one that did it justice. 
~*~
The AC Moore donation is so large that our class is going to have two "baskets" to auction off tomorrow night!  I will always remember their kindness, and will always choose them first for all of my craft needs!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A big HOORAY for AC Moore for the contribution and to you Jennie for your efforts for making this classroom donation so grand!

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

Oh WOW Jennie! You brave, brave lady!
And YAY! for AC Moore craft supplies :o)

So tomorrow night, you've got a night out at the auction..yes? :o)

Have a great evening Jennie,
xxOOxx

Craftcherry said...

That is really fantastic! Congrats!!

CelticKnot said...

That's *Wonderful*!