Monday, May 14, 2012

Makeover Monday: 5/14

I finished my custom chocolate tweed rug/mat this weekend.  You can check it out HERE if you like.  Making that rug reminded me how much I truly enjoy making those double stranded cotton mats. 
~*~
I found that the size (14" by 28") is just perfect for many uses and places.  It would work well under pet bowls, in front of doors or sinks, as a bathmat, or even a table runner. 
~*~
It can be kind of a challenge to work with two variegated yarns; in order to maintain the integrity of the whole item it's important to try to match the color placement of both yarns each time you change to new balls.  I decided to give myself a break from that and put two of my favorite bright SOLID colors together.

~*~
No, it's not finished, so this is kind of a cheating makeover post.  I've decided it needs something else to give it a special pop, too.  I'll be back with this one on WIP Wednesday, and tomorrow I'll have a real fabric makeover~ I found just the perfect pillowcase for that today!

3 comments:

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

Jennie,
That chocolate rug is awesome, I see 'zigzags' all through it!

Love these colours, so bright and cheery!
Pleased you had a fab day yesterday!
Take care my lovely,
xxOOxx

Ribbons Undone said...

Ooooh--fun, summery beach house mat! Great for poolside

moabbound said...

I was going to say the same thing regarding the zigzags! Whichever way you look at it you see the pattern and it looks more brown in one direction and a darker brown in another direction! What a rug! It would have been nice in front of my refrigerator! A little bigger but something similar....hummmm....maybe my next sosorosey purchase! :)