Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Miscellany

~*~
I promised you a makeover, and you know I hate to disappoint!  So, I missed my chance to photograph the whole pillowcase for you.  This is one of the corners that I cut off in the strip making process.  The majority of the case was a beautiful deep tangerine.
~*~
 ~*~
Here is another corner.  You can see there was some fade to the main body, and some of the turquoise bullseyes had yellow petals around them.
~*~
 ~*~
The result, a small bowl that packs a big wallop of personality!  It makes me think of a koi pond- one that is way more *koi* than *pond*!
~*~
 ~*~
In other news, I've had a request for a mixed bag of sheet hems.  The lovely customer I'm working with makes aprons from vintage sheets, and she uses the hems for the apron ties.  It's a woman after my heart who uses every bit of a beautiful sheet!
~*~
 ~*~
These two "hem dozens" have been set aside for her if she would like them.  I've decided to go ahead and make a listing for these, though, in the event that others out there would find these useful for their projects as well.  They will be $6 per dozen- lengths range from 32" to 60"+.  They are heavier than regular scrap bundles, so the shipping cost (US) will be $5.  The good news?  If you buy two dozen, the second one ships free!
~*~
~*~
And of course I will still offer regular scrap bundles.  I gathered up this one today, and it will be in sosovintage very soon.
~*~
~*~
Since the title of this post is miscellany, I feel compelled to throw in one more random thing!  Look at this gorgeous pair of Vera vinyl placemats I found the other day.  Guess how much I paid for them?  Go on, guess!  It was such a bargain that I can't help crowing about it... thanks for bearing with me ;) 
{I'll post the answer in the comments later this evening.}

5 comments:

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

Hmmmm $3.00 for the Vera's :o)

Yes, yes, I see it! Your koi fish!Love it Jennie :o)

Those hem ties are fabulous! They look so gorgeous all together like that...Woul dbe nice to see a picture of them 'in action'.

I just can't resisit those birdies in that scrap pack!! They're just waiting there for me :D

Happy evening our Jennie!
Love n hugs,
Donna xxOOxx

Runs With Scissors said...

$1.03 for the placemats!

I love the hems and how they look, what a terrific idea to use them for apron ties!

Ribbons Undone said...

So nice to know that someone out there is using up every last scrap for something so pretty and useful. I enjoy all the eye candy and colors of this very colorful post!

Jennie said...

Good guesses, Ladies! They were sixty cents apiece. SIXTY CENTS! Whatta bargain! {Said in my best Billy Crystal voice}

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

Goodness me Jennie!
Sometimes you're just in the right place at the right time! :D

xxOOxx