Thursday, May 10, 2012

Thursday's Treasure



~*~
Honeysuckle blooms
deliver passions long lost
on scent filled raindrops.
~*~
It rained long and hard last night, and this morning the sun is shining.  My walk was even better than usual thanks to the profusion of wild, wet honeysuckle blossoms along the way.  Not only was I inspired to breathe more deeply to capture the rich perfume, I was moved to compose my first poem in years.  I won't be winning any haiku contests in the near future, but isn't it wonderful to rekindle a forgotten love?

5 comments:

Craftcherry said...

Love your haiku. That's how I feel when I smell the jasmine on my running route.

Teapot Lane said...

Oh Jennie, you're amazing!
Love your little (Japanese?) poem!

I thought it was a poem from a famous poet when I first read it. -Maybe it will be someday!! :o)

I love it whenthe rain washes the sky clean during the night, and then it's all warm and sunny next day.

The rains been washing our sky clean for weeks now, but with out the sun.....

Happy evening my dear. Will email you some pics of Gems dress when I get a minute!

Love n hugs,
Donna xxOOxx

gillyflower said...

Great haiku - my duaghter and I have fun sometimes trying to compose them too!
Sounds like you had a good refreshing walk!
Jennie I am having a Diamond Jubilee giveaway on my blog if you would like to enter.

Gill xx

ma said...

Don't know haiku from lowku but I do know good when I see it! Glad you felt so inspired and put your pen to paper...a life without inspiration and passion is an empty one for certain so it pleased me plenty to read your post today...your zest for life is inspiration itself!

Ribbons Undone said...

Very inspiring. Glad to hear you're on the move!