Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tuesday's Treat


 ~*~
Fortified with caffeine and ibuprofin, I was able to rally today and fulfill my first grade field trip chaperon duties.  It was an exquisite fall day- perfect weather for visiting Hartland Orchard in the foothills of the Shenandoah Mountains.
~*~
~*~
The trees were absolutely gorgeous- this photo doesn't do this shade of red justice at all.
~*~
 ~*~
There were lots of activities for the kids to do.  This giant bounce thing was a big hit, as was the slide you see in the background.  We went on a hayride around the orchard, and spent way more time in the corn maze than we should have.  Who knew it would really be hard to find our way out of it?!  We actually never did get out the way we were supposed to; we ended up crashing through the side so that we didn't miss the hayride!
~*~
~*~
The final activity of the day was watching three of the cutest little piggies do a race.  This one was the clear winner, and they were so fast I couldn't get all three in one shot!
~*~
All in all, a wonderful time.  Remind me next year, though, that I can be one of those parents who drives and meets everyone there.  The loud bus and being responsible for kids other than my own is something I can live without!!

3 comments:

Thank You! said...

A job well done! From all the Mom's who were unable to do a chaperone duty, a great big "THANK YOU" for being there and watching over all those screaming, laughing, yakking, and fun loving bunch of wonderful, happy, little kids!

Lillie and Moss said...

You are a brave woman to take on such a challenge. I used to do that when I was younger but as I get older I have a hard enough time just keeping sane with the ones I have much less a class full..Looks like the kids were having fun and that tree is gorgeous!!
Shari

Teapot Lane said...

Och Jennie, I really feel for you doing your duty yesterday having to be topped up with ibuprofen!

Looks like everyone had a great time though! I seriously want to go on that slide and bouncy thing!! lol.

xxOOxx