Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Wednesday's Works

It's a bit dark here for pictures today, but I promised you a photo of my wreath, and here it is.  What's that you say?  It's not circular?  Well, funny you should notice.  Rather than triangular, I prefer to think of her as kind of heart shaped.  She was a labor of love, after all. 
~*~
And let me tell you, I feel fortunate to have anything of any shape at all to show for my efforts.  If you decide to try this project, save yourself the hassle of the "free" wire hanger and go buy some wire.  Even my flimsiest hanger was too unflimsy for me to work with alone.  I needed hubby and his pliers to wrap this baby back together.  Which is why I am shocked that the whole thing didn't bust in the process.  Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with my wreath.  But it was nerve wracking, I tell you!!  This is where working with new, shatterproof glass balls would be a plus.
~*~

 ~*~
Here's another color combo of the "potholders that are too pretty to use as potholders".  I'll be holding off on other color combos for now, since I have an order for 5 of the red/white/green ones to get finished before months end.
~*~
~*~
Another thing I played around with this past week: a "tinsel topped" jute nest.  This would make a nice gift bag alternative!  In my spare time I'd like to make one with gold tinsel, too.  (psst: It isn't actually tinsel, but Martha Stewart's new glittery eyelash yarn.  I adore the colors!)
~*~
How are you doing on your goals for the week?  Me, I'm still plugging away at my 600 item sosovintage goal.  The closest I got was 593, then some nice person came along and scooped up a load of towels.  This is just fine with me!  I have a fresh load of towels to list, and I will get to 600 one of these days :)

3 comments:

Runs With Scissors said...

I love your wreath! My first impression was that it is heart shaped and I think that's wonderful.

Your un-potholders are to DIE for! They are so beautiful!

Eyelash basket is the cutest! You amaze me!

Teapot Lane said...

Honestly Jennie, these are all so beautiful!

I thought the wreath was a heart too :o)

Your makes are just amazing I really do love them all. YOU are amazing just coming up with such fresh, beautiful ideas! :)

xxOOxx

Teapot Lane said...

Forgot to say.... love the way you've styled your wreath photograph too :)

xxOOxx