Monday, March 18, 2013

Makeover Monday:3/18

~*~
With Easter right around the corner, the basket orders are still rolling in.  Two years ago I made a green and white Easter basket for a little girl in Tennessee.  Now she has a baby brother, and her mom wanted to go with green and white again.  It was important to make his different and more "masculine", however, so we decided on more of a bucket shape with a couple of stripes as well.
~*~
~*~
How sweet did this turn out?!  Part of what I love about working with fabric is never knowing 100% what the finished product will actually look like.  It's usually a wonderful surprise!
~*~
Two more baskets to go and 50 bale covers to cut before spring break.  I really needed today to not be a snow day, but at least now I have errand running company :)

8 comments:

Dawn said...

I love how you pay attention to the details! :) Green and white but masculine - I think it came out beautifully! I do not envy you for all the bales you have to cut but am thankful you have errand running company today too! :) Be safe out there! ♥ Dawn

Lillie and Moss said...

Ohhhhh, I really really like this one! You hit the nail right on button, Your wrist have to be hurting with all the wonderful work you have been doing......but they are sooooo nice!
xoxo, Shari!

Runs With Scissors said...

Oh my, this is beautiful! I absolutely love it! Nice job, Jennie!

Ribbons Undone said...

This post truly put a smile on my face. That basket has just the right amount of "boy.". You said it perfectly--you just never know how the end result will turn out. Always a pleasant surprise.

Brought my little boy to the dermatologist today--two moles shaved off. What a trooper--he only winced a bit from the pain!

cannonridge said...

Beautiful basket Jennie! I love the fabrics and especially the detail touch on the bow with the stripes showing out and the polka dot strip....you always pay so much attention to the complete product that you're working on, which in turn adds just that special little "something" to all of your crafted items!

Taci simmons said...

Those are lovely! A real jewel./)

Anonymous said...

When things start getting overly logical, the attraction disappears.
By doing this, you are allowing yourself to get what you want as you want it.

5's Mia Amore hosts; free champagne until midnight for ladies.

Here is my web-site ... Tao of Badass Review

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

Absolutely beautiful, and totally up for a boy!!

How lovely of your customer to return, but that's whats amazing about you dear jennie :)

xxOOxx