Monday, April 8, 2013

Makeover Monday: 4/8

~*~
You may remember awhile back when I made the custom red ombre fabric bowl.  And that it turned out to not be right for what the customer wanted.  Then she decided on two round coasters instead of a bowl, but I had trouble finding the right red with black fleck fabric.  So I tried a mix of black and red yarn, but that wasn't right either.
~*~
At that point, this very patient customer asked if they could send me the fabric they liked.  Yes!!!  It arrived the other day, and here is what she found.  It is brand new from a fabric store, and while this would not be the type of fabric I'd typically be cutting up (just because it is not upcycled), it sure works for this purpose.


~*~
I'm not sure that I've ever seen a crocheted product look so much like the original fabric!  So anxious to hear how she likes it!

1 comment:

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

I wonder if your customer actually had the ability to pretty much picture how this would turn out?

Cool Jennie! I bet this new fabric felt weird to work with too!

Thinking of you my sweet.
Must email you later.
xxOOxx